Borough of Newburg Pennsylvania
Founded in 1836
Named for Newburgh, Germany
News and Featured section
Parking and Abandoned Buildings/Junk ordinances enforcementParking Ordinance 2012-00261 and Abandoned Buildings/Junk Ordinance 2006-02 enforcement to begin immediately. We will be first issuing Notices of Violation wherein voilators will have 7 days from the date of notice to start abatement. After that we ticketing with fines will begin.
Hometown Hero Banner ProgramWe are launching a Hometown Hero Banner Program as a tribute for our community to honor past and present members of the Armed Forces and our “hometown” heroes. *Honoree does not need to be in the Armed Forces*
Waste Management makes generous donationWaste Management (Cumberland County Landfill) presented a donation check to Newburg Borough
Welcome to our new websiteWe are pleased to announce the launch of our brand new website! After months of hard work and dedication, we are delighted to officially announce the launch.
Applications & Forms
A collection of the most commonly used contact applications and formsApplications & Forms
Calendar of events around the boroughCalendar
Contact Us for any non-emergency needsContact Us
history of the Borough of NewburgHistory
The Borough of Newburg
The Borough of Newburg was originally planned by one Thomas Trimble, in the year 1819. There were but three or four houses at this early date. One at the western end of the borough was occupied by Thomas Trimble. Another house at the eastern end was occupied by George McCormick. A third house was occupied by John Carson and Joseph Baer.read more